Jive Reinvents Social Business Applications With Jive !App Experiences
May 2, 2012 —
(Page 1 of 3)
Jive Software, Inc., the industry's largest pure-play social business provider, today introduced Jive !App Experiences, a breakthrough capability that seamlessly integrates applications into the social business workflow. The new capability is part of Jive's next-generation social business platform, also introduced today. Jive !App Experiences are available immediately via Jive Cloud, Jive's public cloud service, and in Try Jive, Jive's new 30-day free trial. Try Jive enables teams of any size to work together using Jive for Teams, a new easy-to-use group collaboration solution built on Jive's latest platform.
Last year, Jive pioneered the use of applications in social business with the Jive Apps Market, providing an array of purpose-built apps that users could easily install to extend the functionality of the Jive system. Jive !App Experiences take this capability a big step further, enabling users to invoke powerful applications and merge them fluidly into documents, discussions, and other activities.
"This is really a new paradigm--not just for social business, but for business applications in general," said Tony Zingale, Jive CEO. "We're turning the old model of portlets, Web Parts, and dashboards on its head--moving from a world where users have to jump from one application to another, to a single integrated experience where everything you need is at your fingertips. Jive !App Experiences give users the power to enhance and customize their work environment in ways that were never possible before. This is one of the ways our new platform makes social business a more holistic, pervasive experience, and we expect it to change the way applications are used across the industry."
Leading !Apps Available Now
Many Jive Apps partners are supporting the initiative with applications designed to take advantage of the new capabilities. The new !Apps are available now in the Jive !Apps Market on Jive Cloud. They include:
• Appirio's Social Selling !App brings account and opportunity information from Salesforce.com directly into Jive discussions so all employees, not just sales reps, can collaborate on increasing win rates and reducing sales cycles.
• Box's Box for Jive !App brings Box folders and files directly into Jive discussions so customers can see and collaborate on Box documents while creating and viewing content in Jive.
• Goshido's task and project management !App allows employees to create and insert actions from Goshido right inside Jive documents and discussions so they can seamlessly manage their personal daily to-do lists and participate in complex projects that span functional and company boundaries.
• HEDLOC's CRM !App lets users brings lead, opportunity, and account information from SugarCRM directly into Jive discussions so sales reps can easily collaborate on important deals to drive higher win rates and revenue.
• INXPO's virtual events !App allows employees to seamlessly launch rich virtual event experiences including video and chat to participate in their CEO's latest company update, view a product launch, or engage in sales training, to cite a few examples.
• LucidChart's diagramming !App allows users to create and insert diagrams into Jive content, making it easy for teams to document business processes and communicate visually.
• Wrike's social project management !App allows workers to organize tasks, schedule their projects and easily track progress. Now, it also gives employees the ability to embed Wrike tasks in Jive discussions and content, so those tasks can be read and updated from anywhere within Jive.